Guided tours in the San Roque Area:
museums, streets, squares and the Carteia Archaeological Site). Free of charge. Tapas sampling experience or typical
menu (ask for a quotation). Tailor-made excursion: one hour and a half to 4 hours long.
- “Sotogrande Lifestyle” Guided Tours (bus tour around San Roque’s exclusive world-famous private resort:
mansions, golf, polo, the Port and Marina). Free time available for a coffee break and shopping at the magnificent
Leisure Marina.One hour and a half long. Coach hire not included.
Monumental San Roque
- The Governor's Palace (early 18 th century) , neoclassical architecture, old HQ of Spanish Military Command) –
houses two museums and the Standard of Gibraltar (1502).
- Saint Mary the Crowned Parish Church (1735, Tuscan architecture and baroque artwork) – built on the site the old
Saint Roque shrine (1508), the temple contains priceless statues brought from Gibraltar (16 th -18 th century).
- Collection of Listed Historical Buildings (old quarter of San Roque): Calle San Felipe, Plaza
de la Iglesia, Plaza de Armas (where the Red Cape and Sword Technique was invented in 1720), Mirador Poeta
Domingo de Mena (Panoramic viewpoint), Calle Historiador Montero, Calle San Nicolás and Alameda Alfonso XI.
- The Bull Ring (1853), the second oldest in the province of Cadiz and one of the oldest in Andalusia.
- Carteia Archaeological Site (700 BC – important Phoenician and Roman city).
- Municipal Museums: Carteia and Luis Ortega Brú exhibits.
- CB Museum: largest collection of CB radios en Europe.
Rural and Adventure Tourism:
- Adventure tourism activities and rural accommodation at the Finca La Alcaidesa, nature area property of the
regional government featuring 1,300 hectares of ideal natural habitat with wild olive trees, cork oak trees and pine trees.
Nature trails, rope bridges, artificial rock faces, zip wire, horse riding routes, bicycle routes, four-wheel drive
excursions, canoeing, orientation, survival, archery, environment education and eco-system interpretation. 18 th century
house with 5 suites and 9 wooden cabins with a capacity for 76 guests.
- Nature Trails in the Pinar del Rey, a municipal forest and park with 338 hectares and four marked nature trails, a
nature centre with a Blue Flag, a visitor's centre and a recreational area with picnic and barbecue facilities. Adjacent to
Los Alcornocales Nature Park.
- Birdwatching in the Guadiaro River Estuary and the Torreguadiaro Lagoon, two wetland areas covering 27
hectares and 2 hectares each. The Straits of Gibraltar is the most route for migratory birds between North Africa and
Western Europe, it is an oasis for 144 different species of birds.
- Whalewatching and Dolphinwatching in the Straits of Gibraltar from the ports of Tarifa, Algeciras or Gibraltar.
The Borough Tourist Office
Ilustre Ayuntamiento de San Roque
Palacio de los Gobernadores, Calle Rubin de Celis s/n.
11360 San Roque (Cádiz)
Tel: (+34) 956 694 005 // Fax: (+34) 956 781 971
Open from Mon-Fri, 8 am - 3 pm